90% blind boy crack IAS and now monitoring 2.5 lakh students
Aman Gupta, a 2013 batch IAS officer, work
with the help of a video magnifier that help the visually impaired read. Gupta
has a medical condition that has no cure. His vision is now so poor that he
find it difficult to identify people by their features. In 2002, when he was in
grade 12, first, his eyes stopped seeing the cursor on the computer; then he
couldn't see a cricket ball through the air; and soon after he found it
difficult to read the text on the classroom blackboard. In Delhi, where two
bureaucrats committed suicide due to stress and illness and a few students have
killed themselves on getting low marks, Gupta challenge life, rather than let
life challenges him. "I failed to clear the UPSC exam in 2012 for which I
had prepared using audio books. I spent more time to prepare and was, finally,
ranked 57th in the general category," Gupta said. He currently hold three
important positions — director (personnel), additional director (education) and
secretary to the SDMC commissioner. When he headed the west zone as deputy
commissioner, sometimes officers would quietly leaves the meeting. When told,
he immediately issued notices to these officials. When Gupta was new to the
SDMC, an officer felt upset when he did not respond to his offer of a
handshake. "I could not see the hand. Later, I told him that I was 90%
blind," Gupta said. 82 LESSON 122 lead Week 21 Reading with the assistance
of a video magnifier take a long time. But he doesn't complain or leave work
unfinished. Gupta is a powerhouse of determinateon and patience. He is one of
the top officials in SDMC's education department, responsible for managing 600
schools and 2.5 lakh students.

Comments
Post a Comment